Our Terms & Conditions
Ordering & Payments
You can place your order simply and safely over the phone through a member of our friendly Sales Team, online or in person.
- Payments can be made using all major credit and debit cards with The Better Life Company Secure Payment System.
- All orders are processed by our Sales Team who are fully compliant with data privacy as protected by The Privacy Act 2020
- All orders outside the NZ mainland will be subject to a postage and packing charge which you will be advised of prior to shipment of goods.
- All personal information gathered is for the sole purpose of processing customer orders and is not passed to any other party.
- Please note that no products will be dispatched until paid for in full (including any postage).
- If you encounter any problems whilst ordering from The Better Life Company please don't hesitate to contact us through email@example.com
We accept online payments in a secure environment using Secure Socket Layering technology (SSL) by credit or debit card. This means that on any page where you enter your personal information such as credit card details, the information sent to us is encrypted to safeguard your details. Encryption prevents other internet users from accessing this information.
We have implemented a number of measures to ensure our site and your details are as secure as possible. When you send us your personal information, the link between your PC and our server is encrypted using industry standard methods (SSL). Once your information reaches our server the card details are further encrypted before being stored on our secure sever behind its firewall. Your card number is never stored in any human readable format. Our computers use your card details to take payment automatically. Our employees have no access to any sensitive customer information.
In some instances, The Better Life Company will contact you via telephone after an order has been placed on the site. You will be requested to confirm details of the order and answer some security questions. This will allow the order to then be processed and dispatched promptly to you. The Better Life Company will never request you to confirm your registration password you use to log into your account.
If you receive a suspected fake The Better Life Company e-mail, discover a spoof The Better Life Company website, or if anything raises your suspicions, please report it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org forwarding any suspicious e-mails including the full headers directly.
At The Better Life Company your card data is always transmitted and stored securely. When you place an order on our website it is encrypted using an Extended Validation digital certificate. This is the most secure form of digital certificate it is possible to get, and ensures that all the data you enter when you purchase an item cannot be intercepted by any third party. When your order arrives at The Better Life Company we encrypt your card data using the same industry standard encryption system (AES) used by the US Government.
Your full card details cannot be read by any of our staff - they can only see the last four digits of your card number. Our website is regularly scanned by an accredited scanning company under the PCI-DSS security scheme. They set comprehensive requirements for enhancing payment account data security that facilitate the broad adoption of consistent data security measures on a global basis.
Damage On Delivery
Goods damaged in transit must be reported immediately by signing the delivery note 'Damaged On Arrival'. You MUST inform The Better Life Company as soon as possible on the SAME DAY as delivery/receipt of the goods that damage has been made. Any damaged goods must be retained by the buyer for any inspection. If the delivery note is signed without the comment 'Damaged On Arrival' the seller cannot be held responsible for damages. Customers may be requested to supply photos of the damage sustained in delivery and dispatch.
If products are faulty
It's our legal duty to supply products that are fit for purpose and meet satisfactory quality requirements.
As a customer, it's your legal right to receive either a refund, repair or replacement for products that are either faulty or not what you expected as per the Consumer Guarantees Act (CGA).
We'll offer resolutions based on the timelines outlined in the Consumer Guarantees Act (CGA) for products purchased from 1st October 2019 onwards. If a fault has been confirmed with your new product within 30 days of delivery, you can return it in exchange for a full refund.
- If you find a fault with your product after the 30 day cut off (but within 6 months of owning it) we have the choice to either repair or replace it for you. If it's not possible for us to offer a repair or replacement, we have the right to offer a partial refund or return the product and receive a full refund.
- If you find a fault after 6 months of owning the product and you can prove the defect was present when we delivered it, we'll follow the same processes that are outlined in point 1.
- You can get advice regarding your legal rights from your local Citizens Advice Bureau or Trading Standards office. Nothing in these terms will affect your legal rights.
- The manufacturers will supply a warranty in addition to your rights under the Consumer Guarantees Act (CGA). You will receive a 1 year warranty which covers parts and labour (some exceptions will apply please refer to the individual owner's manual). If an engineer call out is required then a charge will be made in advance which will be refundable if a manufacturing fault is confirmed.
- Please also note that our warranties only cover domestic use; items for use in commercial properties might not be covered.
Our warranty does not cover items used outside of the NZ mainland and does not include the cost of the hire of a replacement product(s). For items purchased outside of mainland NZ, we can provide a return to base warranty at our discretion and at your cost.
Our warranties provide coverage only if you maintain or use the product as directed. For example, our warranty covers only personal uses - as opposed to business uses - of the product. If there are multiple users of the product then we would not cover any product faults. Please note: warranties are non-transferable. A product's warranty is only valid when the user is the original purchaser. This also includes extended warranties. Please note that if you have made any modifications to the product then this invalidates the manufacturer's warranty and The Better Life Company's guarantee.
The contract made between us and all our and your rights and obligations shall be governed by New Zealand law and any disputes arising under it shall be heard in the New Zealand Courts.
If you have a complaint about The Better Life Company NZ Ltd you can contact us in writing as follows:
By Writing us a letter:
Po Box 228, Urenui, New Zealand 4349
By calling us on 0800 122 125
By emailing the CEO at email@example.com
If you are not satisfied with the outcome of your complaint, you are entitled to pursue alternative dispute resolution by referring your complaint to the Commerce Commission Telephone number 0800 943 600
Email address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
Every effort has been taken to ensure that the products supplied by The Better Life Company correspond as closely as possible to the pictures illustrated on our website and brochure, but they may vary due to the unique characteristics and variation of materials. The Better Life Company are not responsible for any such variations, including but not limited to the following:
- Product colour and shade may vary from one manufacturing batch to another.
- Fabric patterns are not matched unless stated on labelling.
- Leather is a natural material with unique characteristics such as shade variation, random scars and blemishes.
We reserve the right to make any changes to product descriptions/specifications (internal or external) and any other changes where necessary.
Please check the details of the products shown on promotional publications or offers before ordering as products may differ from catalogue to website to store.
The price of the goods is the price set out on the website. All prices are shown in New Zealand Dollars. The price of the goods is inclusive of GST unless stated otherwise.
The price of the goods is exclusive of the costs and charges of packaging, insurance and transport of the goods, which shall be invoiced to you separately.
Where the 'In-Store Price' is listed, this refers to the current price in The Better Life Company showrooms. The prices shown are only applicable to purchases made via the website. On occasions, the prices payable and promotions offered online may differ from those prices and promotions offered at the same time in The Better Life Company showrooms. We are under no obligation to honour any in-store price or promotion that differs from those online. Similarly, The Better Life Company showrooms are under no obligation to honour any online price or promotion that differs from the in-store price.
Special Offers and promotions advertised in the press or other media may be excluded from the site unless specifically advertised as available online. All offers are subject to availability and while stocks last. This includes all offers advertised via official The Better Life Company social media channels.
Offers cannot be used in conjunction with one another. Where more than one offer is available on the same product only one discount will apply. The offer giving the greatest saving will be applied in the basket. Equally, voucher code offers cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotional offer.
When you place an order with us you will be making an offer to enter into a contract. We will acknowledge your order but we will not accept your offer, and enter into a contract with you, until we dispatch the goods to you and inform you that they have been dispatched. At this point we will have entered into a binding contract and payment will be taken.
General: The Better Life Company Competition T&Cs:
- Competitions are organised by The Better Life Company, Po Box 228, Urenui, New Zealand, 4349.
- These terms and conditions, together with any specific rules set out in Competition Notices (as defined below) are the Competition Rules ("Rules") and apply to any competitions on the www.thebetterlifeco.nz website ("Competition"), unless otherwise expressly stated. By entering a Competition, entrants agree to be bound by these Rules.
- The Better Life Company Limited reserves the right to cancel or amend the Competition, the Competition Notice or these Rules at any time without prior notice. Any changes will be posted either on the website www.thebetterlifeco.nz or within the Competition Notice or within these Rules. A copy of the Rules may also be obtained by sending a stamped addressed envelope to The Better Life Company's mailing address.
- In the event of any dispute regarding the Rules, Competition Notice, conduct, results and all other matters relating to a Competition, the decision of The Better Life Company Ltd shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
- All competition rules and regulations are governed by NZ Competition laws and regulations.
- Competition entrants must be aged 18 or over.
- Competition entries must be made in the manner and by the closing date specified on the Competition Notice. Failure to do so will disqualify the entry.
- Additional eligibility requirements may apply to a specific Competition e.g. a valid passport and visas etc.
- Employees of The Better Life Company Ltd or any company involved in the Competition or, if relevant, suppliers to which a Competition relates, or any advertising/media agency or web company connected with The Better Life Company Ltd or any such person's subsidiary or associated companies, agents or members of their families or households, are not eligible to enter the Competition. The Better Life Company Ltd reserves the right to verify the eligibility of all entrants.
- Prizes are awarded at The Better Life Company Ltd's discretion and no prizes will be awarded as a result of improper actions by or on behalf of any entrant.
- Prize winners will be notified in the manner and within the time specified on the Competition Notice. Return of any prize notification as undeliverable or failure to reply as specified in the notification within the time stated therein may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. Usually winners will be drawn within 2 weeks of the competition close date.
- Competition winner(s)' names and any photos or videos sent in as part of a competition or giveaway may be published on the The Better Life Company Ltd website, social media sites, newsletter or other websites associated with it.
- No Cash Equivalent offered.
- One entry per person.
- One prize to be delivered to the address provided.
- The Prize is not transferable.
- The promoter reserves the right to substitute the Competition prize for a alternative at same cost.
Social Media Platforms
Here at The Better Life Company we are here to show you all the fantastic and wide range of mobility products to share. Join the thousands of fans on our Facebook page to keep up to date with all the latest products, reviews, videos, news, events, offers and competitions.
The Better Life Company Twitter feed is a great place to catch all the latest deals, competitions and news from your desktop, phone or tablet.
Our YouTube channel plays host to a variety of entertaining and informative videos about products and is a great way to find out more about our range of products and how they can help you.
The Better Life Company NZ Ltd are committed to protecting your privacy. We will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully (in accordance with the The Privacy Act 2020). We collect information about you for two reasons: firstly, to process your order and secondly to provide you with the best service possible.
The type of information we will collect about you when you place an order or register on our website includes:
- Phone number
- E-mail address
This information is stored on our internal systems and our website simply verifies you as a customer of The Better Life Company. We will never collect sensitive information about you without your explicit consent. The information we hold will be accurate and up to date. You can check the information that we hold about you by visiting your own account or by contacting us. If you find any inaccuracies we will delete or correct it promptly. The personal information that we hold will be held securely in accordance with our internal security policy and the law. We may use technology to track the patterns of behaviour of visitors to our site. We use the information you provide for the following purposes:
- Aid strategic development
- Audit usage of the site
- Providing the best possible service processing any orders you may have made
- Providing you with information about products and services we offer
If you have any questions or comments about your privacy you can e-mail us email@example.com
We expect you to maintain the confidentiality of your user name and password for your The Better Life Company account.
Unless otherwise stated, all rights, including copyright, in the content, text and graphics of these The Better Life Company web pages are owned and controlled for these purposes by The Better Life Company Ltd. You are not permitted to copy, broadcast, download, store, transmit, show or play in public, adapt or change in any way the content of these The Better Life Company pages for any other purpose whatsoever, in any medium, without the prior written permission of The Better Life Company Ltd.
In accessing The Better Life Company web pages, you agree that you may only download the content for your own individual and non-commercial use.
Feel free to use small quotes as long as you acknowledge our site and provide a link back to the original source.
Uses Made Of Information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from the website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by post.
The Better Life Company is the primary data controller of your personal data. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by email or post with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by post only.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to carefully selected third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box on the payment form, or if you are an existing customer email us on firstname.lastname@example.org requesting to "opt out from third party mailings".
By submitting information to The Better Life Company you consent to the collection and use of this information by The Better Life Company and its Service Provider (if any) in the fulfilment of your order.
By entering into an agreement with us when you place an order you have consented to this use of your data (where applicable). You may ask us at any point not to share your information with third parties for this purpose by contacting email@example.com and providing your customer account number.
We have designed our site to protect the information we collect online from unauthorised access. We safeguard your private information by implementing the appropriate physical, electronic and managerial procedure necessary to protect your privacy. To further protect your security, we also take the reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access to your personal profile or making data changes. We are committed to protecting your privacy and have security measures in place to prevent unauthorised access to and disclosure of your personal information.
Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that are transferred to your computer's (or alternative web browsing device's) hard drive through your web browser to enable our systems to recognise your browser and to provide rich shopping features such as recommended products and loyalty discounts, as well as the storage of items in your Shopping Basket between visits.
To take advantage of some of The Better Life Company's essential features we recommend that you leave your cookies turned on. However, the Help menu in your browser will allow you to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies and how to disable cookies altogether.
Google Analytic Tool & Social Media Plug-Ins
Social media plug-ins for Facebook and Twitter obtain data for tracking purposes.
The above privacy statement may not be applicable in all countries of The Better Life Company visitors or registered community users, as security policies may vary according to the individual internet laws in each host country.
We occasionally make our mailing lists available to carefully selected companies that we feel will be of interest to our customers. Please note: we never release phone numbers or email addresses.
However, we will not pass your information to any third parties without your permission. You can also e-mail us to stop receiving information about us or to find out more information about our Privacy Statement by e-mailing us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Improving Our Service
To better tailor our services to our customers' needs, we use non-identifying and aggregate information to help us make decisions on how to improve The Better Life Company. We also share this generic information with our advertisers and other interested, reputable parties with whom we have established a formal business relationship. For example, we may tell advertisers which areas of the site have received the most customer traffic overall, or more specifically, how many customer types have visited certain pages. However, we do not disclose the identifying information of individual customers with advertisers. We also do not use or share the personally identifiable information submitted to us by any other means without providing our customers the choice to opt-out or otherwise bar such unrelated uses.
From time to time we offer promotional codes to reduce the price of products or give away a free item with a purchase. Voucher codes must be entered at checkout in order for them to apply.
Voucher codes can only be used for purchases made on our website. Orders placed over the telephone are not eligible for these offers and promotions.
Only one promotional code can be applied on each individual order.
Promotional codes are only available for eligible orders placed during the period which the promotion has been determined to run to. Any orders falling outside of this period will not be eligible for the promotion.
When the order is placed the correct promotional code must be used or the promotion will not be applied.
When an order which has a promotion applied to it is refunded the final amount paid for the order will be refunded. No extra amount will be refunded on a saving accrued as a result of a promotion being applied nor will the value of a free item be refunded.
Once a promotion has been applied this cannot be replaced with another promotion that the order is eligible for after the order has been placed.