What do we do with your information?
We only collect, keep, use or share your information for genuine business purposes, when you've approved us to do so, or when we're obliged to legally. There are a few reasons why we use your personal details:
- if you contact us with an enquiry either by telephone, email or live chat;
- to process any order that you place on our website and arrange for its delivery and installation;
- to maintain any registered accounts you have with us;
- to make our website and our app accessible to you with informative content tailored to your needs including serving you with any pop-up messages and voucher codes;
- if you have purchased a product from us, we may contact you from time to time by SMS, email or telephone regarding our latest promotional offers, products and services that we think you may be interested in;
- promoting and advertising (including personalisation) of our products and services both on our website and elsewhere on the internet
- promoting and advertising our products and services to you via email, SMS and post;
- to train our employees to ensure that we are providing the best possible service;
- we record telephone calls for compliance and legal reasons;
- to get in touch regarding customer satisfaction surveys and market research;
- when you provide a review on our website;
- when you enter any of our competitions;
- matching and aggregating your personal data for analysis and to provide you with a more personalised experience;
- to analyse any problems with our website and improve its performance;
- when you engage with us on any social media platform;
- we also use personal details to contact you regarding our services and products and if we need to verify your identity;
- for research, analysis, testing, monitoring, risk management and administration purposes; and
- for crime or fraud prevention purposes.
Basis for Processing
For us to process your personal data, we must have a legal basis for the processing. The data protection legislation sets out what these bases are. We have described below the different bases that we rely on and provided examples of the processing.
There are some contractual reasons why we have to process your personal data. When you buy a product on our website, it creates a contract between us. We need to process the personal data that you provide in order to fulfil our part of the contract. If you do not provide your details we won't be able to complete your order.
Sometimes we are required to process the personal data that we hold about you for legal reasons - for example, if there is a product recall.
We also rely on being able to process your personal data on the basis that it is in our legitimate interests. When we do this we will always consider your interests and balance any positive or negative impact relating to such processing and your legal rights relating to data protection.
If you do not want us to process any of the personal data we have listed as being processed for legitimate purposes, you have the right to object. For more information see the section below relating to your rights. Please note that if you object we may still continue to process your personal data in certain circumstances. Please also remember that if we can't process your personal data for these purposes your customer experience may not be as enjoyable.
Our legitimate interests include:
- analysing and understanding your customer journey and behaviour to improve efficiencies and interaction
- sending you email or SMS marketing messages, if you have previously bought something from us
- calling you to discuss your delivery and any other services that we would like to offer you
- promoting and advertising our products and services both on our website and elsewhere on the internet
- analysing our website's performance and solving any problems
- staff training
- personalisation of your shopping experience
In some cases, we will ask whether you would like us to process your personal data. For example, if you would like us to notify you when an out of stock item becomes available or if you enter into a competition. If you provide us with consent, you may withdraw it at any time by contacting us.
How do I withdraw my consent?
If after you opt-in, you change your mind, you may withdraw your consent for us to contact you, for the continued collection, use or disclosure of your information, at any time, by contacting us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or mailing us at The Better Life Company Ltd, Po Box 228, Urenui, Taranaki, 4349.
All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers.
In general, the third-party providers used by us will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us.
However, certain third-party service providers, such as payment gateways and other payment transaction processors, have their own privacy policies in respect to the information we are required to provide to them for your purchase-related transactions.
For these providers, we recommend that you read their privacy policies so you can understand the manner in which your personal information will be handled by these providers.
In particular, remember that certain providers may be located in or have facilities that are located in a different jurisdiction than either you or us. So, if you elect to proceed with a transaction that involves the services of a third-party service provider, then your information may become subject to the laws of the jurisdiction(s) in which that service provider or its facilities are located.
When you click on links on our store, they may direct you away from our site. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites and encourage you to read their privacy statements.
To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
If you provide us with your credit card information, the information is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL) and stored in multiple layers for added security. We use 256 bit database encryption, AES-256 encryption and 2048 bit public/private keys to secure your data. Although no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, we follow all PCI-DSS requirements and implement additional generally accepted industry standards.
Age of consent
By using this site, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your state or province of residence, or that you are the age of majority in your state or province of residence and you have given us your consent to allow any of your minor dependents to use this site.
If our store is acquired or merged with another company, your information may be transferred to the new owners so that we may continue to sell products to you.
We may share your details with other carefully selected retail companies and charities who we feel may be of interest to you. If you would like to opt out of this service please contact us by emailing email@example.com or by mailing us at The Better Life Company Ltd, Po Box 228, Urenui, Taranaki, 4349.
Questions and contact information
If you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information contact us service please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by mailing us at The Better Life Company Ltd, Po Box 228, Urenui, Taranaki, 4349.